Children are considered to be no less prone than adults to dull or throbbing pains of the head.
The Nemours Foundation suggests these common triggers of headaches in children:
- Getting insufficient sleep, or rapidly changing the patterns of sleep.
- Missing meals or becoming dehydrated.
- Taking certain medications.
- Being under stress.
- Experiencing hormonal changes.
- Spending too much time in front of the TV or computer.
- Receiving a mild head injury or having an infection.
- Spending a long time riding in the car.
- Inhaling strong odors.
- Consuming caffeine.